Consider not only the lilies of the field, but all the plants, trees, herbs, shrubs, and flowers that play a role in the biblical narrative through this illustrated guide. From the barley Ruth harvested to the hyssop David craved, from the frankincense the wise men brought to Jesus to the sycamore tree Zacchaeus climbed, the Bible is peppered with allusions to the plants that were a part of daily life in the ancient Near East and in New Testament Israel. With original illustrations, this beautiful gift book clarifies the biblical references to fifty plants and provides delightful new insights into the Word of God. Includes indexes to each plant and its corresponding Scripture references, a calendar of Jewish festivals and the growing seasons in Israel, and tips for growing your own biblically inspired garden.
Plants of the Bible presented in luxurious style, a beautiful book in gift format
- Illustrated in full color
- Contains Scripture reference and explanation of each, plant, paired with artisan artwork by Becky Speer
- Sections include Trees & Shrubs, Edible Plants, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, and Flowers
- Also included: tips on growing your own biblically inspired garden, calendar of Jewish festivals and growing seasons, Index of plants and index of Scripture references
- Hardcover; 8" x 8.25" with watercolor end pages. 128 pages
- Gift book every gardener will enjoy